Saturday 5 March 2016

Well thought it was time for an update.

I really have not done much over the last few weeks. I guess my drive has slowly petered out. Oh well as long as I have suitable living conditions there are no worries. We did though manage to do some small work.
Since last we spoke I took receipt of a brand new LG Fridge. This is a french door version with door in door which allows you to access certain items without opening the door to the entire fridge. For those interested it is LFXS30766S. I initially tried to save a few pennies by reusing a compression fitting for the water supply but that had a slow leak so of to the hardware store to buy some new fittings and once installed no leaks. After 24hrs with no leaks we slide it into place. I also spent some time finishing off the quarter round under the kitchen counters. All that's left is the area in front of the stove. I will need to remove my stove platform once I buy a stove to allow the installer to hook up the gas line. I also spent time trimming out the back entrance area. We're all done with the exception of the baseboard around the laundry platform. I ran out of baseboard so will need to buy some more and then take the time to give it a couple coats of paint. However it still looks pretty good. I also managed to find some time to setup and get my Grandfather clock up and running. I needed to build a small bracket that is mounted to the wall and is at the height of the top of the clock. I then drilled some holes through the back skin of the clock at the top and installed some bolts with a few springs into this bracket. This will prevent the clock from falling forward when the door is opened to rewind the system. It looks great and even with all the moving around seems to be keeping pretty close time. Finally today I took the time to install the floor transitions that cover the gaps between the floors under the future doors. These were installed with some nails and silicone so there are weights on them for the next few days while the silicone cures.
I have also started to spend some time in the garage installing shelves and cupboards to be able to store all the small tooling and other associated articles. I still have not finalized the final positions of all the machinery but am getting closer to the final layout. We're supposed to have some nice warm weather next week so hopefully on Tuesday and Wednesday I can finally sort out the majority of the garage issues. So here are a few pictures showing the work. First is the back entrance, second is the extra shelving, third is the fridge in place, fourth is the clock in place, fifth is the bracket holding the clock vertical, and finally a pictures showing the floor transitions with concrete blocks as weights while the silicone dries.







I don't expect to update this blog again for some time as the next work to be done on the house will be making the doors for the rooms and the kitchen cabinets. I don't plan on  doing these until the May time frame. As well I cannot do any exterior work until the weather warms up, again the May time frame.
With this in mind have a great spring and we'll see you towards the Apr/May time frame with the next update.

All the best

Harold

No comments:

Post a Comment