Saturday 23 May 2015

I'm so excited the Brick and Stone look amazing

Well it's been an interesting week. The House is now starting to look like a house as it slowly gets it's skin. Over the past week the Mason's have almost finished installing the stone work and they even managed to install some brick while waiting for extra stone. Here are two pictures. The first one shows the last area of stone being installed and the second one shows the first area that brick was installed.


I am extremely pleased with the look of the stone brick combination. 
As for myself on Sunday we spent some time buying stuff at Lowes during their beat the tax event. As well some of the stuff was on sale as well so we had the double the savings. Then on  Monday I started working on installing the tile above the shower enclosure on the back wall. Here is a picture of that work.


On Wednesday I went in and installed the tile on the one side wall as well as started work on a set of shelves for the basement storage room. This shelving unit used a couple of 4by4's in the corner and vertical 2by4's notched out to accept the horizontal supports. Once assembled a piece of 1/2" good one side plywood was used as the shelf itself. Here is a couple of pictures showing the work from start to finish.




On Thursday I finished installing the tile on the last wall in the shower. I then went downstairs and gave the shelving unit a coat of semi-gloss white paint. Once that was done I went upstairs to install the shelving unit in my Master bedroom closet. This system is made by Rubbermaid and is the metal shelving units that are flexible layout depending on what you want, The nice thing is that the kits are such that after installing my closet there was enough left over to do at least 1/2 of the closet in the spare bedroom. After that was done I started a little mudding of drywall mud in the second bedroom in the basement. Here are some pictures showing this work.


Well that's all for now. Next week I plan to grout the shower tiles, then install the trimwork in the bathroom followed by the toilet and then the vanity. Once that is done I have a handrail to install and once complete I should be able to get my occupancy certificate. Hopefully by end of next week the work will be done just waiting for the inspection. 
Well time to go and we'll see you all next week

Harold



No comments:

Post a Comment