Saturday 8 August 2015

Just a little more to do on the Garage

Well we are getting there slowly but surely. I have maybe one more days work on the garage itself excluding landscaping. Then we'll move over to the exterior of the house. Looking at that I really only have maybe 4-5 days work on the outside before that is finished as well. The only issue will be choosing the last material to be used on two walls and when to finish the railings. Of course there will still be that pesky landscaping. Well onto what was done on the two days I had this week.

On Monday our Provincially mandated holiday we continued work on the south wall of the garage and finished all the siding there. We also started some of the east wall but ran out of roofing nails so had to move onto other work. So we went to the north wall and finished the stone work on two of the columns flanking the garage door. This went really well and I am pleased with the result. A mason may disagree but I think I did a pretty good job. Here are some photos showing the finished south wall as well as the two columns flanking the garage door.


My next day of work was Wednesday however we started the day by having an eye test. I eventually got home around one pm and started work on the East wall. This was interesting as my pupils were still dilated from the eye drops they used. This meant wearing sunglasses as much as possible however I had to take them off whenever I was doing something close in as my prescription is for distance and the interfere with my close in viewing. However by the end of the day I did manage to get at least 3/4 of the wall covered and even started some prep work on the north wall. This also included laying out some of the stone work for the last pillar beside the man door. Here are some pictures showing the work completed on the east wall and the layout of the stone work.



After coming home from work on Thursday I even managed to mortar in the stone work. As well I laid in more stone so that only a little bit is left to complete on this pillar. Today after work I laid out the rest of the stone work and either tomorrow or Tuesday afternoon will finally complete this stone work. As well on Tuesday I should have the east wall completed. This means that if all goes well by Wednesday evening the exterior of the garage should be done. This will be a great accomplishment as on Thursday the 14th it will be one year since I took possession of the property.

Well until next week have a great time.

Harold


No comments:

Post a Comment