Saturday 9 January 2016

What lovely warm weather we're having

Well at least for now the weather is pretty good. Got up to 10C today however colder weather is enroute next week.
First I'll start by saying that I will most likely not be doing a weekly update anymore. As we get closer and closer to completion there is less to talk about. So for the future I'll probably only update this blog after some significant work gets done.
Again this week was pretty slow. We painted some trim and did some minor work. I installed the toilet in the spare bathroom, added an extra shelf in the master bedroom closet and trimmed out the small cubbyhole in the living room. After that I spent some time in the garage working on getting some shelving installed to start storing items and cleaning up the area. At this time it looks like the kitchen counter will get installed this week and once that happens I can finish the flooring in the house with the exception of the back room. That will get done separately. The last thing I did was trim out one of the basement window and then spray foam the gap around it. I've had an issue where the small piece of exposed concrete around the window was sweating due to moisture level in the basement. I am working on reducing that moisture level  but it will take time. By trimming out the window and filling the void with insulation it should prevent that moisture from forming since the concrete will not be in contact with the warmer air. I still need to do this with the remaining 5 windows as well. Once they are done all the insulating that can be done will be done and the house will be sealed up quite tightly. Because of this I am now running my HRV(heat recovery ventilator) full time at a humidity level of 40pct. So I'll leave you with a few pictures showing the end result of the work described above.




Well I'll see you next time after the countertop has been installed and the floor has been leveled. Until then have a great 2016.

Harold

No comments:

Post a Comment