Saturday 6 February 2016

Flooring is almost done

Well a pretty simple week. All we did was install flooring on Tuesday and Wednesday. For the rest of the week I worked.
On Tuesday we managed to install all the flooring in the hallway and just into the kitchen area. It took longer than last time because of all the cutting around doors. Around the christmas time I moved the table saw and chopsaw into the garage. So every time I had to make a cut necessitated a trip from house to garage. On top of that it was time for a visit to the Dentist so that lost an hour or two as well. Oh well I'm not exactly speeding for the finish line so being a little slower doesn't mean as much as it use to. On Wednesday we finished the floor in the kitchen area and then went into the back entrance and installed a subfloor on the laundry pedestal and then laid down some commercial grade vinyl. That folks was it. I received my central vacuum system that I'll install next week as well the click lock vinyl flooring for the back porch came in so this coming Tuesday and Wednesday will see me installing the flooring in the back entrance, installing the central vacuum and then starting on finishing off the trim work. I'm hoping that by the end of the month I'll have another appraisal done on the house so that I can finalize my paperwork to be able to claim back some of the sales tax that I spent on building the house. Theory has it that I should be able to get back about 50% of the sales tax I spent. Only time will tell if they agree and rebate me this amount or if they decide I'm only entitled to a lesser amount. Anyway here are a few pictures showing the flooring in the hallway, the kitchen and then on the laundry pedestal.





Well that's it for now. Not sure when the next update will occur but it will most likely be a few weeks down the road once I've managed to get some of the trim work completed. Enjoy the mild spring and think warm thoughts for an early summer.

See you

Harold

No comments:

Post a Comment