Saturday 14 February 2015

I'm still Drywalling

Well the word last week was Drywall and the word this past week was Drywall again. However as of this afternoon all the drywall with the exception of one sheet is done on the main floor. The one sheet that is left covers the back of the en suite shower and until I receive my replacement valve stem I don't want to install this piece. This means that I will need to delay the start of the mudding and taping crew. Funny thing was that last week Monday I was delayed due snow and again this week I was delayed a few hours for snow storm in the morning.
I will now finish off the basement drywalling. I hope to get the taping crew in before the end of the week but we'll have to see how their schedule interacts with mine.
A few other jobs we did this week was to install cement board above the shower stalls to accept future tiling. As well I installed the venting system for the stove vent.

Here are a few pictures showing the final result of all the drywalling. The house hasn't looked this clean in weeks.


Here is a picture of the cement board over one of the showers as well as the vent termination outside for the stove. This vent sits proud of the wall by 4" due to future brick work that will occur once the weather gets a little warmer.


Well now we need to finish the basement drywall and hopefully by the next time I talk to you we'll also have a taping crew working in the house. Until then keep warm thoughts in your heart because it's cold outside.

Harold


No comments:

Post a Comment