Sunday 26 April 2015

Sorry I,m late

Well this is going to be a pretty short update. I ended up working 4 days this week and will next week again. This means that last week only worked on the house on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The really good news is that on Tuesday morning the Electrical inspector came by checked out my deficiencies and has given me the green light. I have passed my electrical inspection. That means that I am now one step closer to an occupancy certificate. During the day I first cleaned the house as it was getting a little messy. I also spent time working on trimming out the small closet in the bathroom as well as painting this trim. Since I am doing small bits at a time I paint all the trim at least once with semi-gloss paint before I install it. I then fill and sand the nail holes and give it another 1-2 coats of paint. So I've also painted the baseboard and window trim for the bathroom and will be installing it shortly. I've decided on a little change in the bathroom in regards to where I will be installing tile in the shower area. I initially was going to tile up and down the front of the shower but have now decided to drywall this area. This now means that I need to mud it and then paint it before installing the tile above the shower.
On Wednesday I continued with the trim work and put on the first coat of drywall mud. Unfortunately I forgot to bring the camera home so I don't have any pictures of this. As well I don't have any pictures of the new culvert the town installed on Thursday while I was at work. This means my access to the house is a lot neater and easier on the vehicles. The dip was so bad the electrical inspector almost needed a tow truck to get out.
Well this coming week I plan on working on the side porch area as well as continuing on in the bathroom. I need to finish the bathroom and the porch as well as install a handrail to the basement before I can get the elusive occupancy certificate.

Hopefully next week I'll be on time with my update.
Till then all the best

Harold

No comments:

Post a Comment