Saturday 4 April 2015

Welcomen nar het huise from Oranje

Well hopefully you'll understand my attempt at Dutch spelling. This is all to say that I painted my back entrance room on Monday. This entrance will be used probably 95% of the time so in essence it will be my main entrance. Hence this is the room you'll see upon entering the house. So with out further ado here is a picture of said room after it's first coat of paint.


This was done on Monday as stated. As well I painted the second coat of dark brown in the bedroom and ended the day installing my ceiling fan in the MBedroom. Here is a photo showing the fan and the room.


I might as well take the time give you the paint colours although were they get the names I'm not always sure. As of now all paint is Valspar paint from Lowes. The basic house had a coat of Powder Soft on the walls. I decided that this was a little dark so the remaining 8 litres was mixed with 8 litres of Gilded Endive, this was then applied as the second coat and looks quite abit better. The light brown ceiling and one wall in the MBedroom is Sea Lion Brown and the dark colour on the walls is Gardener's soil. The Orange used in the rear entrance is Island Orange and the office/feature wall which was painted later in the week is Moving Melody. Unfortunately I don't have the paint chip here for the bathroom so can't remember that colour name.
On Tuesday had an appt with Dentist in the AM so only worked at the house in the PM. I painted the three closets with a coat of semi-gloss white. They'll get one more coat and they'll be done. I also spent a little time working on some of the electrical connections.
On Wednesday I painted the walls of the house with my mixed up yellow paint. Once that was done I spent some time installing a couple of the pot light I bought for the kitchen and living room. These are the style that just fit through a hole in your drywall and then two spring clips secure it in the hole you cut out. They worked but I would probably not buy them again. I was not a hundred percent happy with how they secured themselves in the holes. There is a technique to installing them to get the best fit that I figured out after installing 2 just wish that technique had been in the instructions.
On Thursday I painted the second coat of orange in the back entrance and will need to do at least one possibly two more coats for 100pct coverage. I also painted the office wall with my reddish paint. Here is a picture of that wall.


Once the painting was done I again did a hours worth of electrical work. 
On Friday I spent 5hours working on installing plugs, switches, and lights. It was slow work and I am glad that I put some larger boxes in for the 12/2 wire that is used for the kitchen plugs. 
Today Saturday I painted the 3rd coat of orange and the second coat of red. We'll see either tomorrow or Monday when I next visit the house whether I'll need to apply a 3rd or 4th coat. Earlier this morning I went to look at some Burr Oak boards that I am thinking of buying to use as exterior board and batten by the back entrance and around the patio door area. I need to do some measuring to see exactly how much I need and will decide later this week if I go this route. As well later this week I plan to order the stone and brick required for the exterior of the house. Hopefully I can get this delivered within 3-4 weeks and we can then get the mason working on the exterior. Prior to that I have a little bit of Soffit and Facia to install and then I need some eaves trough installed. I did not get any further on the bath room floor this past week, so will have to work on it this week. 

Well I hope you are all enjoying the Easter weekend.
See you next time

Harold  

2 comments:

  1. This a notice from your Dutch unclé.It has tot be:Welkom in het huis van Oranje!! Our king and queen will visit you early in June to open your house of Orange!! Wish you happy Eastern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hup Holland Hup :-)

    ReplyDelete