Sunday 14 June 2015

Almost there

Well we're almost at the stage that I can move the majority of the bedroom furniture in. Still need to install some quarter round and then the bed can go in. So lets go over what we did this week.
As mentioned last week I couldn't find the correct plastic base plate for my floor nailer. So on Tuesday morning the first thing I did was take a piece of 1/4" thick plastic flooring and make up a base plate that would work. Once this was done we proceeded to continue installing the floor. By the end of the day the floor was installed in the Master bedroom and closet. It worked out really well and looks good to boot as well. Here are some pictures with the flooring installed.


On Wednesday I purchased and painted the baseboard for the bedroom. As well we cleaned the house up to get rid of as much sawdust as possible. As well cleaned up the porch area in anticipation of receiving the pine tongue and groove 1by8's for the the porch ceilings. As well the Brick company came down and picked up all the leftover stone that I had as well as one small cube of extra brick. That should at least give me a little money back. 

On Saturday I installed the majority of the baseboard in the bedroom and closet. Some pieces cannot be installed until I install the door frames. However enough could be installed such that I can at least bring the bed, nightstands and highboy in. Once we installed the baseboard I went outside and moved a couple dozen wheelbarrows worth of dirt into the porch area to bring the dirt level upto the required height. Here are some pictures showing the baseboard installed in the bedroom and closet.


Today Sunday went out and bought a Samsung microwave for over the stove since Lowes had 20% savings as well as a pair of lights for beside the front doors. Once at the house I again moved about a dozen loads of dirt for the porch area until the rain got a little to heavy to work comfortably. 

So I now have a small fridge, toaster oven and microwave at the house. The bathroom is functional. The bedroom will hopefully be outfitted this week Tuesday or Wednesday and hopefully Wednesday night I've be able to sleep in the house. So here's hoping for a good week ahead. 

Take care and have a great week.

Harold



No comments:

Post a Comment