Sunday 7 June 2015

The Good with the Bad

Well the plan was to get a lot more done this week. However unfortunately the body said otherwise and I spent almost all day Wednesday in bed fighting a 24hr bug. The good news though was that at least I passed the inspection for occupancy certificate on Wednesday afternoon.
So this is how the week progressed.
On Sunday I installed the permanent lights in the Master Bath. These are a 4light LED system on the ceiling and a 3light LED system on the wall over the Vanity. Here is a picture showing the lights.


On Tuesday I initially went to see a surgeon about my Carpal Tunnel and in his words "surgery recommended sooner rather than later". So have surgery booked for 14 Sept. In the afternoon I spent some time at the house finishing off the HRV vents the basement bathroom vent and the two outside taps. Now that the Masons are finished I could secure these items properly to the stone work. With the taps I initially installed a piece of plastic deck flooring which is secured to the stone and then secured the tap to the plastic. Here is a picture of that.


By late afternoon I started feeling a bit off so decided to call it an early day. Went home and by 7pm was flat on my back in bed. After a little side trip to the bathroom at 10pm where after a few minutes I left what was in my stomach there I felt much better. However I still did not have the energy to go to work on Wednesday at the house. All I managed to do was get out there by noon to meet the inspector who gave me my Occupancy certificate. After a relatively sleepless night I felt well enough to at least go to work on Thursday and Friday at my day job. 
On Saturday went out to the house and cleaned up all the stone and brick left by the masons. I palletized the stone so that it can be returned for credit. I made sure that I kept enough for the Stone work on the garage. I then spent some time starting to do a layout of the stone for two of the four locations. We then called it a little be early so that I could go out with the family to celebrate the occupancy certificate milestone.
I decided that on Sunday I would go out and install the flooring in the Master bedroom. So first went to Lowes to pickup the mirror that matches my vanity and installed this. Then vacuumed the floor again, laid down the flooring paper, and then laid out two boxes of flooring. I chose the wall closest to the hallway as the starting point and stretched out a string into the closet for the first row. Since you are too close to the wall for the flooring stapler to work used other nailers for this first row. Here are two pictures showing the first row. Hopefully in the second picture you can see the string.


So took the piece that was cutoff from the first row to start the second row. Again could not use the flooring stapler for the first 6ft. However once we got into clear area went and got my stapler. Before using it I carefully made sure that the correct plate was on the stapler for the 3/4in flooring. Unfortunately the 1/2in plate was on instead. Went out to the garage and searched through the boxes at least twice but cannot find the plate. Normally that plate is secured to the small air compressor however since it went in for repair a while ago I took the plate off. So cannot find the plate anywhere and Lowes and Home Depot don't carry the sole plates. So instead of showing you a completed floor all I can say is that I had a relaxing afternoon at home. Now I need to find somebody close by who carries these plates or have one mailed in so that I can finish the job. Before I went home did spend some time working outside doing a little cleanup. 

So that's what happened this week. Hopefully next time i'll have some more news to pass on and maybe even a move in date. 
Until them have a great summer.

Harold


No comments:

Post a Comment